Status: Regular, Full-time, Benefitted
Location: Camden Yards Sports Complex, Baltimore, MD
Hiring Range: $33,000+ depending upon qualifications. State salary rules may apply for promotions and transferees.
Agency Division: Facilities Management/ Technology Department
Closing Date: Open until filled
NATURE OF WORK
An MSA Computer User Support Specialist I performs intermediate tasks evaluating, implementing and maintaining personal computer hardware, software, and documentation for the Information Technology department of MSA. Employees in this classification do not supervise, but may assist in the training and orientation of users in the operation of computer hardware and software. Employees in this classification receive moderate supervision or close guidance from the MSA IT Support Specialist or a designated high level MSA officer.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
(The duties listed below are intended as illustrations of various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements or duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Diagnoses computer problems, monitors computer processing systems, installs software and performs tests on computer equipment and programs, or, learns to perform the aforementioned tasks with minimal training.
- Installs and maintains computers, printers, copiers and related IT equipment.
- Handles day-to-day help desk calls and staff IT problems.
- Terminates and punches down Ethernet cables.
- Creates and maintains user training material.
- Assists in training users on new software and hardware.
- Troubleshoots Apple IOS and Google Android related issues.
- Maintains records of inventory of users’ computer and other IT equipment.
- Interprets users’ responses to diagnostic questions and determines appropriate course of action.
- Performs other duties and functions appropriate to the position as assigned and required
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS, ABILITIES & KEY COMPETENCIES
(The following generally describes the knowledge, skills, and abilities that are required to enter the job or to be learned within a short period of time in order to successfully perform the assigned tasks.)
- Working knowledge of the functions and capabilities of personal computers.
- Working knowledge of printers, scanners, and other computer peripherals.
- Skill in training users in software applications and operation of hardware.
- Skill in writing user training material and other documents.
- Ability to diagnose computer, printer and smartphone issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and contractors.
Specific educational and experience requirements are set by this agency based on the essential job functions assigned to the position.
- Education: High School diploma or GED certification.
- Experience: Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the knowledge, skills, abilities, and key competencies necessary for successful job performance.
AS/AA in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field, or, a combination of education and experience equivalent to two (2) years of experience evaluating, implementing, and maintaining computer hardware and software.
Note: Experience responding to and resolving help desk requests from users, or operating and maintaining hardware and software for the purpose of database, data entry, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, or other applications may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
Special consideration will be given to applicants who possess one or more of the following certifications:
- A+ certification
- Network+ certification
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA).
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
Working Environment and Physical Demands:
(The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions).
Environment—Work may be performed in a standard office setting with some travel to locations to attend meetings or to perform department activities in response to requests and assignments. The noise level of the work environment is usually low. Employee is subject to call-out at any time and may be required to work extended work hours including events and weekends.
Physical—Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to walk, stand, or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight up to 50 pounds; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including the use of computer keyboards and calculators; to operate a vehicle to travel to various locations; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must submit an MSA employment application via e-mail or mail.
Option 1 (Preferred)— Click the Apply For a Job link at the bottom of the page to complete an electronic application.
Option 2 - Electronically send application and any other necessary materials to email@example.com with the Announcement Number CUSS-1 02-19 in the subject line.
Option 3 - Mail an MSA application to the following address:
Maryland Stadium Authority
Attention: Announcement Number CUSS-1 02-19
333 W. Camden Street, Suite 500
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Resumes may accompany MSA’s application; however, all sections of the application must be completed according to the instructions or it will not be considered.
If you are unable to apply on line, an application may be requested by calling 410-333-1560, or toll free 1-877-637-8234. TTY users may call via the Maryland Relay Service.
As an equal opportunity employer, The Maryland Stadium Authority is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Next MSA Board of Directors Meeting
Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 12:00PM
Warehouse at Camden Yards
Executive Conference Room
333 W. Camden St., Suite 500
Baltimore, MD 21201
Meeting notice current as of 4/05/2019
National Human Trafficking Hotline -- 24/7 Confidential
|1-888-373-7888 | Text: 233733|