There is currently 1 employment opportunities with the Maryland Stadium Authority.
(Job Number LS06192015)
The Maryland Stadium Authority (MSA) is seeking qualified candidates to work in the Public Safety & Security group at the Camden Yards Sports Complex (CYSC).
Status: Contractual, Part-time
Hiring Range: $15- 20 per hour (salary offer commensurate with experience and qualifications)
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Closing Date: Tuesday, July 7, 2015 at 5:00 pm
The position is required to work a flexible schedule, including but not limited to evenings, weekends and holidays based on work demands and event schedules.
Nature of Work: The position will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing locks, key systems, and door hardware at the Camden Yards Sports Complex. This position reports to the Security Manager.
Examples of Work:
(The duties listed below are intended as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements or duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position).
- Interprets Master Keying Guide; uses appropriate discretion and special knowledge of lock systems to preserve the integrity of the complex’s master key system while meeting operational requests.
- Installs, services, and repairs various types of locks and security devices.
- Installs and repairs door locks, hardware and closing fixtures on new and existing doors.
- Disassembles locks; repairs and replaces worn tumblers, springs, and other parts.
- Cuts new or duplicate keys and stamps with identification.
- Keeps accurate and up-to-date records on key and lock inventories, keys issued and work performed.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains both mechanical locking and electronic key card systems.
- Performs other duties and functions appropriate to the position as assigned and required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated evidence of the ability to comply with applicable NFPA, ADA, and IBC standards.
- Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
- Ability to cut and issue keys, re-key, install and repair locks and hardware.
- Ability to interpret, implement, and maintain pre-defined master key systems.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to install, troubleshoot, and repair both mechanical locking and electronic access control devices.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Skill in utilizing building security and lock systems and procedures.
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than six (6) hours per day. Must be able to climb stairs, ladders, lifts, etc. as well as stand, reach, stoop, crouch, sit, kneel, climb, crawl and walk extensively across multiple areas of complex. Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions. Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
Specific educational and experience requirements are set by this agency based on the essential job functions assigned to the position. Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates must submit a Maryland Stadium Authority Application to:
Human Resources Administrator
Maryland Stadium Authority
333 W. Camden Street, Suite 500
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Applications and any relevant attachments must be received or postmarked by 5:00 pm on the closing date of Tuesday, July 7th, 2015.
Resumes may accompany the application; however, all sections of the application must be completed according to the instructions or it will not be accepted. Faxed and electronically submitted applications will not be accepted.
Applications may be obtained by calling 410-333-1560 (toll free 1-877-637-8234) or by clicking here. Print, complete, and mail application to the address above.
TTY users call via the Maryland Relay Service.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.