Security Officer - 10012013
Hiring Range - $33,500-$35,500 — salary offer commensurate with experience and qualifications; State salary rules may apply for transferees.
Status: Full-time, Regular, Benefitted
Location: Camden Yard Sports Complex, Baltimore City, Maryland
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday, October 1, 2013
The Maryland Stadium Authority (MSA) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Security Officer.
This position is responsible for ensuring physical protection of persons and property. The position may require shift and weekend work. Successfully passing criminal background and fingerprint checks is a condition of continued employment.
Responsibilities of this position typically include:
- conducting investigations including interviews, interrogations, and the processing crime scenes using appropriate investigation techniques and completion of detailed written reports;
- responding to all emergency situations and coordinating with city/county/State agencies as necessary;
- conducting surveillance of property and personnel in the interests of public safety through the effective utilization of staff resources and technical adjuncts;
- monitoring and enforcing access and delivery procedures to include coordinating key and proximity card issuances;
- coordinating and enforcing security operations during the course of collegiate and professional sporting events;
- conducting emergency operations training;
- monitoring shift changes, postings, and utilization of mobile patrols;
- coordinating enforcement actions as defined in the Code of Maryland Regulations;
- ensuring the operation and monitoring of electronic security systems; and
- developing, mentoring, training and performing as lead-worker for subordinate security officers and security control center operators on a daily basis;
- performing other duties and functions as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two (2) years of experience in law enforcement or physical
Preferred Qualifications: Basic PC skills; familiarity with basic physical security concepts, deterrence theory, and investigation procedures as they relate to the detection, disposition, and subsequent positive closure of criminal incidents
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates must submit a Maryland State Employment Application to:
Maryland Stadium Authority
333 W. Camden Street, Suite 500
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
ATTENTION: Security Officer 10012013
Applications and any relevant attachments must be received or postmarked by 5:00 pm on the closing date of Tuesday, October 1, 2013.
Resumes may accompany the employment application; however, all sections of the application must be completed according to the instructions or it will not be accepted.
Faxed and electronically submitted applications will not be accepted.
Applications may be obtained by calling 410-333-1560 (toll free 1-877-637-8234) or by accessing website http://www.dbm.maryland.gov/jobseekers/Documents/